The Airedale Terrier Club of Metropolitan Washington, D.C. brings together individuals and families to improve our knowledge of Airedale health, well-being, and training – from puppies to seniors – and just to have fun with our Airedales. The ATCMW arranges several events for members, prospective members, and others interested in the breed and in AKC conformation and sports such as rally, agility, obedience.
Airedales are our love and passion.
The Club's objectives are:
- to encourage those who breed Airedale Terriers to do so responsibly, with the welfare and improvement of the breed having highest priority;
- to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel Club as the only standard of perfection by which Airedale Terriers shall be judged;
- to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials;
- to conduct sanctioned and licensed specialty shows under the rules of The American Kennel Club;
- to institute and maintain programs which promote the welfare of the individual Aireale Terriers through rescue and education, and through any other means which the Club considers helpful.